As winter approaches, it is always important to check your heating appliances for damage or wear before use. Better yet, an annual service is recommended to prevent any damage.
Heaters, fireplaces and electric blankets may pose a significant fire risk if they are not checked thoroughly.
The best time to service your heater is before winter. Why? because it has been lying dormant for months and as it gets colder, you’re about to start using it regularly again.
Our technicians here at Mr Emergency, operate 24/7, every day of the year and can even be at your door within the hour for a heater service.
It doesn’t matter if you require a gas heating, Rinnai heating, Braemar heating or a Brivis ducted heating service – we have you covered.
Safety Tips For Your Heater
More than 40% of all deaths from fire happen during winter. To ensure the safety of your home during winter, it is important to follow safety tips to keep you and your loved ones safe. Below are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Heating should be installed and maintained by a qualified technician
- Heaters should be serviced every six months before the season begins
- Clothes airers placed around or near heaters are a high fire risk
- Children and pets must always be supervised when heaters and fires are in use
- Choosing a heater with a safety switch and timer is advised
- If your heater has a timer, use it!
- Install smoke alarms throughout your home and make sure they work
- Monthly testing of smoke alarms is advised
- Have a written escape plan in the event of a home fire and practice it regularly
- Keep curtains, tablecloths and bedding away from heaters
Every state and territory fire authority has resources to help children understand what to do in the case of a fire, such as easy-to-remember advice like “get down low and go, go, go!”.
The Mr Emergency Service
Our service technicians are some of the best in the business. No job is too big or too small for our team of local experts. They operate every day of the year and are ready for your heater service when you need them.
Upon arrival at your property, our technicians will:
- Do a comprehensive carbon monoxide test
- Clean the dust build-up on the fan motor assembly
- Check the flame sensor and clean it
- Check and adjust spark gaps on the igniter
- Check that capacitors are running the motor within the specified range
- Test that the burning pressure is correctly set
- Check the seal on the flue connection
- Check all electrical connections
- Test for the correct airflow
- Clean the return air grill and the return air cavity
- Check the seal on the return air cavity
- Ensure the whole unit is working as it should
With a Mr Emergency service, you benefit from fully certified and licensed technicians who arrive in a van stocked with all the right parts. We are the best emergency response rate in the business with 24/7 readiness for when you need us most.
We also provide a range of $0 deposit, interest free payment plans**. You get to choose between weekly and fortnightly repayment options. The application process is easy, with most of our customers getting accepted straight away. Our technicians can set you up when at your place and once you’re approved they can start work immediately. You can also pay with cash or cheque. Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card payments can be made using the facilities in our vans.
Getting a qualified technician to your place for a heater service just takes a call to the team at Mr Emergency. Contact us today.
What Is Carbon Monoxide?
Carbon monoxide is the silent killer. It is odourless and colourless and can cause illness or death. It can be difficult to detect but luckily a simple carbon monoxide test will give you the answers that you’re looking for. Carbon monoxide can be difficult to detect because the symptoms are those of the common cold. They include:
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
Unfortunately, people are largely reactive and wait until something has happened to take action for emergency gas leaks. Don’t wait until it’s too late. Get your heater serviced today! As winter approaches, there is no better time.