Gas Leak Repairs
Mr Emergency is available 24/7 for any gas leak repairs. Gas leaks can be incredibly dangerous to you and your property. As we all know, gas is extremely flammable and even the tiniest spark could have severe consequences.
That’s why we work 24/7 for emergency gas leak repairs and detection so that you don’t have to be at risk. We can even be at your door within 30 minutes*. Contact us today.
Gas Leak Indicators
Gas in its natural form is odourless, so gas suppliers (for natural gas and LP Gas) add a chemical to the fuel to give it a strong odour so that we can better detect it. If you smell gas inside, it’s time to take action.
This is referred to as a rotten egg smell, which is one of the first signs to indicate a gas leak. Some other indicators that may mean you have a gas leak are:
- Hissing or whistling noises from a gas appliance
- No hot water (if using a gas hot water system)
- Changes in the colour of your gas pilot light
- Your gas pilot light keeps extinguishing
- Patches of dry grass or bubbling water on your property for no apparent reason
- Higher than average gas bill, with no known reason
- Health issues, such as headaches, nausea, confusion, fatigue, breathlessness or vomiting – especially if you were feeling fine before you entered your property or before using a certain gas appliance
If you notice any of these signs at your home or business, turn off gas appliances (gas stove, gas heater etc) immediately. Do not use any electrical appliances either.
There could be a fault in the gas pipe connecting your home or business to the street mains, or there could be a fault at the ignition source or with gas appliances. The number one rule in gas safety is to open doors and windows and evacuate the premises.
What Should I Do if I Suspect a Leak?
Due to their highly flammable nature, gas leaks can be dangerous. Whether it’s a minor or major gas leak, you should take it seriously.
Apart from calling Mr Emergency, you should do the following to protect your home and family if you detect a gas leak:
- Turn off your gas and electricity at the meter (if you are able to)
- Open as many doors and windows as possible to ventilate your home
- Do not operate any electrical equipment, including light switches
- Never use fans to try and help with the ventilation
- Do not use a telephone or torch in the immediate area of the leak
- Never use a naked flame or light matches
- Go outside to a well-ventilated area far away from the suspected leak
- Call emergency services (000)
If you’re unsure where your gas meter is, call your gas distributor for more details. Never attempt a DIY fix for a gas leak – when an emergency occurs, call a professional. This will ensure your family’s safety.
Mr Emergency Benefits
To ensure your complete satisfaction, we offer these great Mr Emergency benefits:
- Fully qualified and licensed gas fitters who take regular refresher courses
- 12-month warranty on all workmanship, parts and materials (supplied by us)
- Comprehensive public liability insurance
- Always arrive on time
- Upfront fixed-price quotes
- Interest free** payment plans
- Certificates of compliance issued (when required) in line with government standards and regulations
At Mr Emergency, we also provide a full range of electrical and air conditioning services to homes and businesses across the country, alongside our gas fitting services.
Interest Free** Payment Plans
Here at Mr Emergency, we understand that gas leaks have to be fixed and that you don’t always have the funds available to pay for the work immediately. That’s why we offer eligible customers a range of interest free** payment plans.
Simply choose a payment plan with one of our providers, Zip or Humm. You get the flexibility of weekly, fortnightly or monthly instalments, depending on your choice of provider. Some plans even accept a $0 deposit, so there’s no upfront cost.
The application process is easy, with most of our customers getting accepted straight away. Our plumbers can set you up when at your place and, once you’re approved, they can start work immediately.
You can also pay with cash, cheque, direct transfer or credit card (Visa, Mastercard or American Express).
Getting a qualified gas fitter to your place fast just takes a call to the team at Mr Emergency. Contact us today for an emergency gas leak service.