Heat Pump Hot Water Services
Mr Emergency is your expert emergency heat pump hot water plumber. If your hot water is running cold and you need it fixed fast, contact us immediately and we will have you back up and running in no time at all.
There are many benefits to using a heat pump water heater. You’ll notice the difference when you have a heat pump hot water system installed.
Do You Have a Hot Water Emergency?
Has your heat pump hot water heater just died? Well, never fear, Mr Emergency is here to rescue you!
Mr Emergency is your local and reliable plumbing company. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 52 weeks of the year. We aim to provide same-day service on all of our jobs and we always aim to be at your door within 30 minutes*.
How Does a Heat Pump Hot Water System Work?
A heat pump hot water system might sound fancy, but it’s actually pretty straightforward. There are not many steps involved. Imagine it as a magic box that uses a bit of science to heat your water efficiently.
Inside this magic box (aka heat pump compressor), there’s a refrigerant, which is like a special liquid that loves to change from a liquid to a gas and back again. It’s a bit like how water turns into steam when you boil it, but with different substances.
Now, when you want hot water, the heat pump system starts the magic. First, it sucks in some air from outside your home. Even if it’s cold outside, there’s still some heat in the surrounding air. The magic box captures that heat and uses it to turn the refrigerant into a gas.
Once the refrigerant becomes a gas, it gets pumped through condenser coils inside the system. Here’s where the real magic happens: the coil heats up, generating heat directly to the water in your water storage tank. This device is also known as a heat exchanger. So, without using much electricity, you’ve got hot water.
And guess what? The refrigerant goes back to being a liquid, ready to start the cycle all over again. This constant recycling of heat is what makes heat pump hot water systems super energy efficient and eco-friendly.
Most heat pump water heaters are installed on the roof, but there are also ground source heat pumps if you don’t want a single unit sitting on your roof.
So, in a nutshell, heat pumps work by harnessing the warmth from the ambient air outside to heat your water inside, saving you money and helping the planet. It’s like having a little magician in your home, making hot water appear with a wave of its wand.
Heat pumps are suitable for most homes and conditions. The only climatic conditions that don’t suit heat pump water heaters are extremely humid climates. If you’re dealing with high humidity, for water heating purposes it might be better to choose an electric hot water system.
What are the Benefits of Heat Pump Hot Water?
There are several fantastic benefits to consider when thinking about getting a hot water heat pump system for your home.
Energy efficiency: Heat pump hot water systems are incredibly energy efficient. They use the heat from the surrounding air, which is essentially free, for water heating. This results in lower power bills and a reduced carbon footprint.
Cost savings: While the initial purchase and hot water system installation may be a bit higher, you’ll save money in the long run. With lower energy consumption, your monthly bills will be noticeably smaller, making it a wise investment. You’ll notice the difference in your annual energy cost.
- Consistent hot water: These systems provide a steady supply of hot water. You won’t run out of heat pump hot water mid-shower, and you won’t have to wait for the water tank to heat up again as you do with traditional water heaters.
- Environmental friendliness: Heat pump systems are eco-friendly. By relying on renewable heat sources, they use less energy and help reduce greenhouse gas emissions, making them a greener choice for your home.
- Longevity: They tend to have a longer lifespan compared to traditional water heaters. With proper maintenance, a heat pump hot water system can last up to 15 years or more.
- Space-saving: They are compact and often easier to install, requiring less space than traditional tank-based systems. This can be especially useful for smaller homes or tight spaces. There’s also no need for solar panels.
- Government incentives: There are government rebates and tax credits to encourage the adoption of energy-efficient technologies, including heat pump water heaters. This can further offset the upfront costs.
This kind of water heating system offers a host of benefits, from saving you money and reducing your environmental impact to providing a consistent supply of hot water. It’s a smart choice for homeowners looking to make their homes more energy-efficient and eco-friendly while enjoying reliable hot water.
Heat Pump Hot Water vs Conventional Electric Water Heaters
Let’s compare heat pump hot water systems to conventional electric hot water systems to help you decide which is the better choice for your needs.
- Energy efficiency: Heat pump hot water systems are the winners here. They work like magic by extracting heat from the air, making them up to three times more energy-efficient than traditional electric heaters. This means lower energy bills and a reduced environmental impact.
- Operating costs: Heat pumps are kinder to your wallet in the long run. While they might have a higher upfront cost, the savings on your monthly bills quickly add up, offsetting the initial investment. Conventional electric heaters can be cheaper initially but tend to cost more to operate over time.
- Environmental impact: Heat pumps are an eco-friendly way to heat water. They use renewable energy sources (the heat from ambient air) rather than relying solely on electricity generated from fossil fuels. This reduces carbon emissions and contributes to a greener planet.
- Consistency: Air source heat pump systems provide a steady supply of hot water, while traditional electric heaters can run out of hot water during high-demand periods. With a heat pump, thanks to its heating capacity you won’t face any unpleasant surprises mid-shower.
- Space requirements: Heat pumps are typically more compact and can be installed in smaller spaces, which is great if you have limited room for a water heater.
- Longevity: Heat pump systems tend to have a longer lifespan, potentially lasting 15 years or more with proper maintenance. A conventional water heater, such as an electric hot water system, may need replacement sooner.
Heat pump hot water systems offer superior energy efficiency, cost savings, and environmental benefits compared to other water heaters, particularly standard electric water heaters. While the upfront cost might be higher, the long-term advantages make them a smart choice for those looking to save on electricity bills and reduce their carbon footprint.
This water heating system works efficiently regardless of air temperature. There are many benefits, including government rebates (e.g. Victoria Government, NSW Government), and you get reliable heated water on demand. When it comes to heat pump water heaters, make sure you call Mr Emergency.
Mr Emergency is Here for You
Not only can we help with your heat pump water heater, the professionals at Mr Emergency are also experts in:
- Gas hot water system
- Electric hot water storage tank system
- Solar hot water systems
- Instantaneous (or continuous flow)
- Mains pressure storage
For a heat pump hot water system or any other hot water systems, call the experts at Mr Emergency.
Mr Emergency Benefits
Mr Emergency is a reputable name within the plumbing industry. To ensure your satisfaction, we work in line with our Quality Customer Care Guarantee. As part of this guarantee, you benefit from:
- Fully qualified and licensed plumbers who take regular refresher courses
- 12-month warranty on all workmanship, parts and materials
- Comprehensive public liability insurance
- Always arrive on time
- Upfront fixed-price quotes
- Interest free** payment plans
- Certificates of compliance issued (when required) in line with government standards and regulations
At Mr Emergency, we also provide a full range of electrical and air conditioning services to homes and businesses across the country, alongside our plumbing services. That means regular servicing, repairs and appliance installation.
Interest Free** Payment Plans
Here at Mr Emergency, we understand that heaters have to be fixed and that you don’t always have the funds available to pay for the work immediately. That’s why we offer eligible customers a range of interest free** payment plans.
Simply choose a payment plan with one of our providers, Zip or Humm. You get the flexibility of weekly, fortnightly or monthly instalments, depending on your choice of provider. Some plans even accept a $0 deposit, so there’s no upfront cost.
The application process is easy, with most of our customers getting accepted straight away. Our plumbers can set you up when at your place and, once you’re approved, they can start work immediately on your heat pump installation, service or repair.
You can also pay with cash, cheque, direct transfer or credit card (Visa, Mastercard or American Express).
Getting a qualified Mr Emergency plumber to your place fast is easy – give us a call or contact us online.