Burst Pipe Emergency
There’s nothing that screams emergency plumbing quite like a burst pipe. You’ll want to shut off the water supply and seek urgent repairs before a heavy leak causes permanent water damage.
The good news is Mr Emergency offers burst water pipe repair 24/7. We have local, professional plumbers available around the clock to save you and your home from water woes. We always aim to have a plumber to your door within 30 minutes* of your call. There’s no after-hours surcharge, so don’t hesitate to call us when you need a plumber most.
We also provide a wide range of other plumbing services, including water pressure, hot water, gas fitting, blocked drains and more! Take advantage of our range of interest free** payment plans for eligible customers.
This way, your house gets the essential emergency plumbing services today while you manage the costs at a rate that better suits your budget.
When you’ve got burst water pipes and need a licensed plumber, call Mr Emergency right away.
What Causes Burst Water Pipes?
There are multiple common causes of a burst water pipe, and no home is excluded from all of them. A water leak can escalate until the pipe bursts, or natural wear and tear can signify impending water damage.
Here are the primary symptoms before pipes burst:
- Excessive water pressure: In Australia, 500 kPa is the maximum water pressure for new homes. Go much higher, and you could hear banging noises. Go higher again, and the high water pressure can cause a burst pipe. Faulty fixtures and incorrect installation could raise the pressure too high, resulting in significant leaks.
- Wear and tear: A severe storm could cause weather damage. So could careless home renovations or poor installation. It’s a no-brainer that damaging a pipe or the connecting fixtures can cause the plumbing to burst open.
- Tree roots: Tree roots spread far and wide with no respect for your property. They can creep on underground pipes applying pressure and ultimately causing them to burst. This is where a pipe relining can be used for a low-profile fix.
- Corrosion: There’s potential for older pipes made from steel, lead and iron to rust, corrode and eventually burst, spilling forth water across your floor, walls, ceiling and so on.
- Frozen pipes: In cold climates, water pipes are known to freeze. Water freezes and expands, and there’s potential for it to burst from the pipes. It will certainly test weak points in your system.
Knowing what to look for could help reduce the risk of potential damage to the house and the plumbing. It can be tricky to identify a source, especially when plumbing can be underground. That’s when you need to call a plumber immediately.
If pipes are leaking or there’s water building up from under the lawn, the next steps involve shutting off the main water and phoning a plumber immediately. Make it a plumbing professional from Mr Emergency.
What are the Warning Signs?
Dealing with a broken pipe can be a nightmare, but catching the warning signs early can save you from a major headache. Recognising a problem early can help to minimise damage.
Keep an eye out for these tell-tale signs that your pipes might be in trouble:
- Low water pressure: If your faucets suddenly lose their usual force, it could be a sign of small leaks and a developing pipe issue.
- Strange noises: Unusual gurgling or banging sounds (known as water hammer) coming from your pipes might indicate air pockets or damage.
- Discoloured water: Rusty or brownish water could mean your pipes are corroded and close to bursting.
- Water stains: Look for water stains on walls or ceilings that could be a result of hidden leaks.
- Foul odours: Sewer-like smells in your home might suggest a sewer line or drain pipe blockage.
- Sudden increase in your water bill: A significant spike in your water bills without an explanation could signal an unseen leak.
Don’t ignore these signs. Potential plumbing emergencies shouldn’t be ignored. If you notice any of them, it’s time to take action and prevent a potential pipe disaster.
How to Prevent Burst Pipes
Preventing burst water pipes is a lot easier than dealing with the aftermath. Finding a minor problem early can prevent further damage.
Follow these simple steps to keep your pipes in great shape:
- Insulate pipes: During colder months, insulate your pipes with foam sleeves or heat tape to protect them from freezing temperatures.
- Maintain heating: Keep your home heated, even when you’re away, to ensure the pipes stay warm and water keeps flowing.
- Drip taps: In extremely cold weather, allow taps to drip slightly to relieve pressure and prevent freezing.
- Disconnect hoses: Before winter hits, disconnect and drain outdoor hoses to avoid frozen water that can damage pipes.
- Seal cracks: Seal any gaps or cracks in your home’s foundation to prevent cold air from reaching exposed pipes.
- Open cabinet doors: Keep cabinet doors open under sinks during cold spells to allow warm air to circulate around pipes.
- Regular inspections: Periodically check for leaks, water pressure changes, or unusual noises to catch potential issues early. Licensed plumbers can do these kinds of inspections.
By taking these precautions, you’ll significantly reduce the risk of burst pipes and spare yourself from the hassle and expenses they bring. Regular maintenance is the key. You’ll get back to normal water pressure and smooth flowing cold and hot water taps in no time.
Burst Pipe Repair
A burst water pipe is a serious matter. Contact Mr Emergency 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and our local plumbers will help get your burst water pipe back on track.
We can provide small repairs, perform pipe relining to breathe new life into existing plumbing or replace the ageing pipes with new products that remain reliable well into the future. Best of all, we can be there to start within the next 30 minutes*.
This is particularly dangerous near electrical appliances. A reputable plumber will check exterior walls and other affected areas where excess water may be visible.
Plumbing experts from Mr Emergency will make sure your damaged pipe is fixed properly, whether they are copper pipes or metal pipes, and leave the area completely dry. Whether the blocked pipes have been caused by bad installation or just general wear, we will make sure your water supply is flowing smoothly again.
Every experienced plumber arrives in a fully stocked van with CCTV technology to locate the water leak, plus drain snakes to eliminate blockages and pipe relining gear to circumvent tree roots.
Mr Emergency doesn’t believe in patchwork. We are not your average water damage restoration company. We deliver only comprehensive, long-lasting plumbing solutions.
Burst Pipe Repair Cost
One of the most common questions asked of our call team is how much does a burst pipe cost to replace? The cost of repairing or replacing a burst water pipe will always differ depending on the pipe’s location and the scope of the work.
Call us for emergency plumbing, and we’ll quickly arrive for an inspection of the water damage, then provide you with a fixed-price quote on the spot.
The quote encompasses the full scope of the work, and the fixed price ensures that you won’t be charged additional fees down the line. If the quote is accepted, our plumber should address the burst pipe on the spot.
Mr Emergency’s fixed-price structure is what sets our plumbing service apart from the competition. When you need an emergency plumber, make it Mr Emergency.
Why Call Mr Emergency?
Here at Mr Emergency, we don’t just provide burst pipe services. We also have expert gas fitters, electricians and air conditioning technicians on hand to respond to any of your emergencies. We’re your one-stop-shop for electricity, water, gas, heating and cooling.
Beyond this, we have professional and fully qualified tradespeople located in your area, which is what makes our 30-minute* timeframe a possibility.
Get a reliable plumber from our great team to your home, and you can experience:
- Professional service 24/7, every day of the year
- Plumbing, electrical and air con service
- We aim to be at your door within 30 minutes* of your call
- No after-hours surcharge
- No obligation fixed-price quotes
- Nationally recognised company
- We charge by the job, not by the hour
- Interest free** payment options
- Local tradespeople
- 12-month workmanship guarantee
- We get the job done right the first time
Call Mr Emergency morning, noon or night for burst pipes and all plumbing system work. Firstly, turn off the tap or system to isolate the leak. The next step is making Mr Emergency your point of contact. We’ll meet all your plumbing needs.
Interest Free** Plumbing Services
When you’ve got damaged pipes, it’s not something you can ignore. If you’re in need of major repairs to plumbing pipes, the crisis usually occurs at a bad time for your annual budget.
That’s why Mr Emergency partners with leading buy now pay later services to offer a range of interest free** payment options for eligible customers.
Simply choose a plan with one of our providers, Zip or Humm. You get the flexibility of weekly, fortnightly or monthly instalments, depending on the provider you select. Some plans even accept a $0 deposit, so you pay nothing upfront.
Your on-site plumber can take you through the easy application process and approval usually takes only a few minutes. Then your professional plumber from Mr Emergency can get on with the job of restoring your water supply.
We also accept payment by cash, cheque, direct transfer and credit card (Visa, Mastercard or American Express).
That’s interest free** payment plans on all works, so you can focus on family and manage the money side of things at a rate that better suits your budget. Don’t let a bill come between you and a solution for your plumbing problems.