Ready for Sewer Pipe Emergencies
Do you suspect that you have a broken sewer pipe on your property?
A cracked sewer pipe can be a huge inconvenience that should be resolved quickly. Mr Emergency is ready and waiting to come to your rescue whenever and wherever your plumbing emergency strikes.
From cast iron pipes to clay pipes, ABS pipes and PVC pipes, Mr Emergency can fix or replace it all. Pipe repair is a specialty and, where possible, we can avoid the invasion of drain excavation by fixing the existing pipe with inversion pipe relining. It’s a cost-effective way to keep the water flowing.
Broken Sewer Pipe Need Repairing?
A broken or blocked sewer pipe can cause contaminated water to leak into your house or property. These leakages from ruptured pipes are potentially hazardous to the health of your family and are detrimental to the environment.
But what are the signs of a faulty or blocked sewer line?
- Slow drainage issues
- Your toilet overflows or fills up to a high level
- Pungent odours come from your drains
- Multiple fixtures become blocked at the same time
- Gurgling noises come from your drains
- Water backs up in your bath or shower drains when the washing machine is running
- Your toilet water level is unusually low
- Water pools in areas of the garden
- Sinking or moving pavers or concrete
- Greener patches of grass, due to the extra nutrients from a sewer pipe leak.
Most homeowners have experienced blocked drains and know that ignoring them only leads to worse problems. Don’t hesitate to call Mr Emergency for sewer pipe repairs.
What Causes Pipes to Break?
Sewer pipes are like the unsung heroes of our urban infrastructure: out of sight and often out of mind. But, just like anything else, they’re not invincible. So, what causes these crucial conduits to break?
- Age and wear: Like an old pair of shoes, sewer pipes aren’t meant to last forever. Over time, the material can deteriorate, especially if the pipes are made of traditional materials like clay or cast iron. This gradual weakening is a leading cause of breakages.
- Tree roots: Trees are wonderful for the environment and beautification, but their roots can be a menace to sewer lines. In search of water, these roots can infiltrate and clog pipes, eventually causing them to crack or burst.
- Ground movement: Factors like earthquakes, soil erosion, or even heavy construction nearby can shift the ground. This movement can displace pipes, leading to breaks or cracks.
- Temperature fluctuations: Sudden temperature changes, especially in colder climates, can cause pipes to expand and contract. Over time, this stress can lead to cracks or even outright breaks.
- Clogs and blockages: Dumping grease down the sink or flushing non-degradable items can cause blockages. As the pressure builds behind these obstructions, pipes can eventually give way. Chemical degradation can do serious damage to pipes.
Regular maintenance and awareness of these issues can save a lot of hassle of damaged pipes in the long run. Remember, a little prevention today can avoid major pipe catastrophes tomorrow.
Emergency Burst Pipe Experts
A burst pipe is a genuine emergency. It can cause a flood in your backyard or rooms in your home, resulting in extensive damage and all kinds of problems. Shut off the water supply and call us immediately.
Mr Emergency operates 24/7 for your convenience. You can call us at any time on any day, even public holidays, and we’ll be there. For emergency plumbing or general maintenance, one of our technicians can be at your door within 30 minutes* of your call.
From CCTV stormwater inspections to sewer line installation, we have you covered. We also provide a range of sewer pipe relining and sewer line cleanout services. Whenever possible, we make the environmentally friendly choice of not digging up your backyard.
Why Choose Mr Emergency?
Mr Emergency is a reputable name in the plumbing industry. To ensure your satisfaction when you experience broken pipes and blocked drains, we work in line with our Quality Customer Care Guarantee. As part of this guarantee, you benefit from:
- Fully qualified and licensed plumbers who take regular refresher courses
- 12-month warranty on all work, parts and materials
- Comprehensive public liability insurance
- We always arrive on time
- Upfront fixed-price quotes
- Interest free** payment plans
- Certificates of compliance issued (when required) in line with government standards and regulations
At Mr Emergency, we also provide a full range of electrical and air conditioning services to homes and businesses, alongside our plumbing services.
Interest Free** Pipe Repairs
Sewer pipe blockages and other common plumbing emergencies don’t ever happen at a convenient time, particularly when it comes to household finances.
That’s why Mr Emergency offers eligible customers a range of interest free** payment plans.
Simply choose a payment plan with one of our providers, Zip or Humm. You get the flexibility of weekly, fortnightly or monthly instalments, depending on your choice of provider. Some plans even accept a $0 deposit, so there’s no upfront cost.
Our plumber can take you through the simple application process on site and approval usually takes only a few minutes.
You can also pay with cash, cheque, direct transfer or credit card (Visa, Mastercard or American Express).
Getting a fully qualified plumber to your place fast just takes a call to Mr Emergency. We are your sewer pipe experts – contact us today.