Need a Powerpoint Service?
Powerpoints are essential. Turning on a light, running a fridge or switching on your TV are such common everyday tasks. So much so, we rarely ever think about what must happen in order to generate the power to these appliances in our homes.
A power outlet, or powerpoint, is a socket that connects an electrical device to an electricity supply and is essential in the distribution of electricity throughout your home. In Australia, the standard powerpoint is Type I, with 230V voltage and a standard frequency of 50Hz.
At Mr Emergency, we specialise in all powerpoint services. While the most common callout is for a powerpoint installation, we also repair them.
It is no secret that these days, sufficient access to electricity is a must. Many people find their homes do not have enough powerpoints to power all of the appliances required on a day-to-day basis and wonder if there is anything that can be done.
At Mr Emergency our electricians can:
- Upgrade single powerpoints to double powerpoints
- Add new powerpoints to suit a home design change
- Carry out cosmetic upgrades to existing powerpoints
- Install powerpoints with additional ports such as USB connections
Service & Repair
To ensure your family’s safety, regular service and testing should be carried out to all power outlets in your home. Our qualified electricians are experts in their field and will work to ensure small fixes don’t turn into larger problems in the future.
While we all know prevention is better than a cure, sometimes overuse or electrical faults can cause a faulty switch or socket. If you experience any of the following, it could be indicative of a faulty socket and should be inspected:
- If you have no power when connecting an appliance
- There is heat coming from electrical sockets or wiring
- Strange noises such as a buzzing or humming coming from electrical sockets or wiring
- Sparks that appear from your socket outlet
Mr Emergency can often offer a same-day service, and in some cases can be at your door within 30 minutes* to tend to all of your powerpoint needs.
We can also supply a large range of socket outlets and switches. It doesn’t matter if it’s a modern powerpoint or a USB powerpoint. We have you covered for socket outlets.
Types of Power Outlets
When considering upgrading your electrical powerpoints, it’s essential to know the different types of outlets available. Let’s take a look at the most common ones:
- Standard power outlets: These are the familiar two-pronged or three-pronged (with a ground) outlets that most homes have. They’re great for everyday electronics, such as lamps, TVs, and chargers.
- Residual Current Device (RCD) outlets: Typically found in areas where water is present, like bathrooms and kitchens, RCDs help prevent electric shocks. They have built-in circuit breakers that cut off the electricity when a discrepancy in current is detected.
- 10A outlets: These are available with two pins (no earth pin) and three pins. Also available with a round earth pin (for control circuits, lighting and exhaust fans).
- 20A outlets: Resembling standard outlets, with three pins, but designed for devices that need more power, like heavy-duty appliances such as stoves and air conditioning units.
- USB outlets: Ideal for modern homes, these socket outlets come with built-in USB ports. This means you can charge your devices without needing an adapter, freeing up the main sockets for other appliances.
- Tamper-resistant outlets: Made with child safety in mind, these socket outlets feature internal shutters that block foreign objects from being inserted unless both prongs of a plug are pushed in simultaneously.
- Smart outlets: A step-up in home automation, these outlets can be controlled remotely using a smartphone app, letting you turn devices on or off from anywhere. This is your connection to the future of electrical outlets.
When deciding to upgrade, consider your needs and the devices you use frequently. Modern outlets not only enhance safety but also add convenience and functionality to your home.
Don’t wait any longer, give Mr Emergency a call for electrical sockets and products.
Mr Emergency Benefits
Mr Emergency operates 24/7 for your convenience. You can call us at any time and we’ll be there. Our team can be at your door within 30 minutes* of your call.
Mr Emergency is a reputable name within the electrical industry. To ensure your complete satisfaction, we offer these great Mr Emergency benefits:
- Fully qualified and licensed electricians who take regular refresher courses
- 12-month warranty on all workmanship, parts and materials
- Comprehensive public liability insurance
- Always arrive on time
- Upfront fixed-price quotes
- Interest free** payment plans
- Certificates of compliance (when required) issued in line with government standards and regulations
At Mr Emergency, we also provide a full range of electrical services to homes and businesses across the country. Trust us with your electrical system, we’ll provide protection and safety for your family.
Interest Free** Payment Plans
Here at Mr Emergency, we understand that ceiling fans have to be fixed and that you don’t always have the funds available to pay for the work immediately. That’s why we offer eligible customers a range of interest free** payment plans.
Simply choose a payment plan with one of our providers, Zip or Humm. You get the flexibility of weekly, fortnightly or monthly instalments, depending on your choice of provider. Some plans even accept a $0 deposit, so there’s no upfront cost.
The application process is easy, with most of our customers getting accepted straight away. Our electricians can set you up when at your place and, once you’re approved, they can start work immediately.
You can also pay with cash, cheque, direct transfer or credit card (Visa, Mastercard or American Express). Getting a qualified electrician to your place for a powerpoint service just takes a call to the team at Mr Emergency. Contact us today.
Mr Emergency Does It All
Here at Mr Emergency, we don’t just do powerpoints. We also have expert plumbers, gas fitters and air conditioning specialists on hand to respond to any of your emergencies.
For more information about getting your socket outlets fixed right away, contact Mr Emergency today.